Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Media Specialist position. The Media Specialist writes clear and compelling copy that consistently conveys the College's brand and messages. The position prepares internal and external communications, press materials, newsletters, electronic and print publications and other collateral materials. This position reports to the Director of Communications and collaborates with the Directors of marketing and Creative Services.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
College-paid life and disability insurance
College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Associate's degree required.
• Two (2) years experience in marketing and/or public relations required.
• Strong proficiency in grammar, advanced writing skills, and critical thinking skills required.
• Copy-editing/proofreading, and typing skills required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and Internet search proficiency required.
• Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines required.
• Ability to think creatively and effectively execute ideas required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Bachelor's degree in English, Communications or Journalism preferred.
• Experience reporting, writing, and editing with a major daily news organization or magazine preferred.
• Awareness of the media, reporters and editors in the greater Philadelphia area preferred.
• Knowledge of educational institutions, especially higher education institutions preferred.