Development Associate, Alumni Engagement and Events - Part Time Position
Status: Non-Exempt, Part-time (20 hours per week)
Position: Development Associate, Alumni Engagement and Events
Reports to: Vice President, Institutional Advancement
Purpose: Assists the VP of Advancement with all administrative and logistical planning of fund raising and engagement events, including but not limited to the Visionary Woman Awards, Alumni Reunion, and other events/receptions as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of events management experience;
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with donors and volunteers;
- Quality focus and attention to detail, creative approach to event coordination, particularly in a virtual environment;
- Collaborating across teams and clear judgement amidst multiple and/or shifting priorities;
- Polished communication skills, both orally and written;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and development databases (particularly Raiser’s Edge).
- Knowledge of the regional philanthropic and arts community;
- Volunteer/committee management experience;
- Ability to travel if necessary as well as work evenings and weekends;
- Positive, goal-oriented work ethic
- Support the VP of Advancement and Associate/Assistant Directors of Development in carrying out the fund raising and engagement goals of the department.
- Manage and carry out all administrative and logistical aspects of the Visionary Woman Awards Gala, collaborating closely with the College President, VP of Advancement, and Chair of the VWA Committee to develop a fun, creative and fresh approach to the event each year.
- Work with the ADODs to support the plan and logistics for the annual Alumni Reunion as well as other College events including the Senior Show, Fashion Show and four donor/volunteer cultivation and stewardship events each year.
- Assists with volunteer management and logistics for Alumni Council Committee projects (e.g. Instagram Live Conversations, Alumni Exhibition submissions, community art projects, Class Agent volunteers, etc)
- Develops new and creative approaches to engaging the broader Moore alumni community through virtual events and volunteer opportunities throughout the year.
- Work with Development Associate to ensure volunteers are acknowledged in a personalized and timely manner.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
No physical demands. Office settings.
The College adheres to the principle of equal educational and employment opportunity without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, handicap or disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law in the administration of its educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other College-administered programs and employment practices. Retaliation is also prohibited. To read our full compliance statement please visit: http://moore.edu/about-moore/non-discrimination-504-titleix