We Are Commited to an Inclusive Workplace
At the Philadelphia Museum of Art, we actively seek to employ a diverse group of people who embody our organizational values. We welcome and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply, including those from traditionally underrepresented groups in the museum field, who are inspired by our shared purpose and enjoy working collaboratively with others.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, color, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected status.
How You Will Contribute
The Human Resources (HR) Generalist works closely with HR management to provide support and assistance to museum employees and departments in all areas of Human Resources. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training and development, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment, employee on/off boarding, and compliance.
Specifically, you will:
- Serve as the first point of contact for department managers and employees for all HR-related topics.
- Support the administration of benefit plans ensuring accuracy in enrollments, changes, and terminations. Communicate benefit plans to employees and assist with benefits questions and claims resolution.
- Verify benefit billing accuracy and prepare invoices for payment.
- Responsible for full life cycle of recruiting and onboarding working closely with hiring managers to identify, interview, and cultivate candidates.
- Work with HR team to develop and implement a comprehensive onboarding experience for new employees.
- Process and maintain records for leaves of absence, workers compensation claims and unemployment claims.
- Support the performance management process by working with senior HR staff to ensure comprehensive, transparent, and effective execution.
- Work with employees and managers on a variety of employee relations matters.
- Support the annual compensation review process by conducting market research and analyzing compensation data.
- Maintain and analyze Human Resources data to identify trends and make recommendations for improvements or corrective action.
- Prepare off boarding materials and conduct exit interviews as needed.
- Serve as backup to the HR Coordinator to ensure accurate data into the HRIS system, maintaining employee files, and conducting new hire orientations as needed
- Support the HR team and work in close collaboration with HR Coordinator in planning several annual events (staff holiday party, employee recognition lunch, flu shot clinic, etc).
- Assist in the development and implementation of employment policies and procedures, recommending new approaches, policies, and procedures to improve efficiency.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Assist with visa process for employees who require sponsorship.
- Ensure compliance with USCIS Form I-9 and periodically audits I-9 Forms.
- Process unemployment claims in a timely, efficient manner and review and process unemployment invoices for payment.
- Assist with Human Resources projects as assigned and perform related duties as required.
- Provide general support to the HR team as needed and serve as backup for the HR Coordinator when they are out of the office.
Your background and experience include:
- Minimum of three years’ experience in Human Resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Sense of urgency and strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with employees of all levels.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office products, applicant tracking systems, report creation and analysis, and utilizing databases
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now required.
- Experience in a union environment preferred.
- Highly organized. Able to set priorities, manage time effectively, and complete multiple assignments on time.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
What We Offer
Our employees are at the center of the museum and we encourage everyone to be actively engaged in museum culture and activities. As an employee, you will have access to numerous museum perks including, but not limited to:
- Free general admission to the museum for you and your immediate family
- Discounted guest tickets for general admission and special exhibitions
- Discounts on gift memberships
- Special staff tours and presentations from our world-renowned curatorial staff
- Discounts at the museum restaurant, all museum cafés, and museum retail stores
We offer a competitive benefits package* for employees including:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Fully paid short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, and life insurance
- Health savings or flexible spending account program
- Retirement savings program with museum match
- Paid vacation, personal days, sick days, and holidays
*Eligibility for certain benefits is based on a variety of factors including the employee’s regular schedule and tenure.