Visitor Services Representative
The National Liberty Museum’s Visitor Services Sales Representative provides administration and facilitation of several key areas of the Museum’s visitor services functions. The position is responsible for all visitor services and visitor experience duties, and identified events & facilities operations. The Visitor Services Sales Representative works collaboratively with the Visitor Services Manager and VS team to achieve its strategic, operating, and revenue objectives.
Part-time, 2 to 3 days per week, mostly weekends, evenings and some holidays.
Visitor Services Manager
- Responsible for ensuring the achievement of all Visitor Services goals as it pertains to walk-in admissions.
- Operates admissions in compliance with internal control policies.
- Conducts daily and weekend cash-handling for NLM P.O.S. operations, as directed by Visitor Services Manager
- Conducts routine Museum merchandise operations including inventory, display, merchandise presentation and cleanliness
- Proactively assists all visitors with Museum merchandise sales
- Proactively sells and “up-sells” Museum memberships, programs, and gift store items.
- Monitors the visitor experience, taking immediate actions to assure any issues are addressed.
- Attends and supports all awards programming, glass auction & gala, public programs and museum-related events, as required
Events & Facilities Services
- Serves as event staff for most evening and weekend Museum events and after-hours programming.
- Provides direction in housekeeping functions to ensure the cleanliness of Museum galleries and facilities during events.
- Oversees safety & security for the Museum’s visitors, event participants, and exhibits.
- Works in conjunction with Events & Facilities Sales Coordinator to conduct site visits with potential clients, when requested.
- Exceptional customer service and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of staff and visitors.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, holidays, and special events; provides and/or identifies the necessary coverage when scheduling/staffing issues arise.
- An interest of knowledge of museums is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Altru POS a plus.